Elvis Mujic is a stand-up comedian. His family emigrated to America when he was 7 following the Bosnian War. He grew up in Detroit, Michigan. Elvis studied philosophy at Amherst College. He has thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail and contracted Lyme Disease.
In 2012, during a year of soul searching, Elvis tried stand up comedy. He fell in love instantly and has been pursuing it ever since. Between 2013-16, he lived in a minivan and traveled to 47 states; performing his own brand of gorilla comedy. Elvis currently lives in Los Angeles, California.
Gorilla comedy is the act of performing for people who did not originally plan to see live comedy. This does not mean I barge into an establishment and start belching jokes. I ask permission from whomever is in charge, then I ask every patron in the establishment. If every single person consents and expresses interest, I plug in a small amp, stand on a chair, and perform for as long as the audience is interested. This can range from 2 minutes to 90 minutes. When it works, it’s a moment that unites people. When it doesn’t work—well, it’s embarrassing. More often than not, people are receptive to sincere effort and extremely receptive to talent.
Despite what we see on TV and social media, this country is full of intelligent, loving and respectful people. In many of these instances, initially, there was tension in the room as locals see someone who is clearly not a native. However, as soon as I explain I’m there to make people laugh—even if people were not interested in a comedy show—they would often point me in the right direction and almost always show support.
Because small towns and rural areas rarely have live entertainment, I was able to perform multiple times a night and often be the first comedian many audiences get to see. Needless to say, I was the best comedian (live).
Find out what Elvis is up to!
- Goats were first domesticated by man in 10,000 B. C., and were the first animals to be used for milk by humans.
- Goats were brought to America by Columbus in 1493.
- Goats live to be 8 to 12 years old, but in some cases they can live to be 15 years old. They are also very agile and some can jump over 5 feet.
- Goats don’t like to get wet and will seek shelter when it’s raining.
- Coffee was first discovered by goat herders when they noticed the animals having an unusual amount of energy after eating coffee beans.
- Both the male and female goats can have a beard.
- The female goat is called a “doe” or a “nanny.” The male goat is called a “buck” or a “billy.” A baby goat is called a “kid.” The act of giving birth for a goat is called “kidding.”